Hey guys so here is another mini What I Wish I knew about Book Blogging When I Started.
Here are the last two posts on it:
What I wish I knew before Book Blogging:
I had no idea what a giveaway was nor did I know how to do one. I would look at all those famous book bloggers and be like what the heck! How can I do that. I also had no ideas of the benefits of a giveaway. The other thing was I was really scared to do one, I did not know how to set one up, when to do it, or where. Nor did I know how to even give a prize away. So when the opportunity was given to me, well I almost rolled over dead. So I am about to tell you the benefits and tips to doing a Giveaway.
1. What's the point of a giveaway:
Believe it or not they really help in promotion, which is really great for you and the product/book that you are promoting. You are helping out your blog, by doing a giveaway you are driving in more traffic and people are seeing your blog. Which would have been nice to when I started blogging. You want followers and more readers well this is one way to do it. Now I am not saying host when every single day, those are hard to keep track of. But if you reach mile stones in your blog do a giveaway. I plan on doing a big giveaway when I reach my 100 follower's mark. Not only that they are just super fun :)
2. How to host a giveaway:
Well there are a few things that need to be done!
First: Terms and Conditions
- Who can do the giveaway (Adults, teens, everyone, what countries, is it international)
- Dates need to be included
- How the prize will be given to the winner
- How the winner will be contacted
- How will the winner's information be kept safe
- How a winner will be selected
- Will a fee have to be paid
There are three:
- Sweepstake Giveaway: This is where someone gave you the prize to be given away, the person is chosen by the luck of the draw
- Contest: You are the one picking the very best of all the contestants. Winner is chosen by the establishments of the contest.
- Lottery: The winner or entree has to give something in return to get the prize that they want.
You can do many things for prizes:
- You can get a book from a author, publisher, or company and ask them to participate
- You can get crafty and make cute things
- If you have books you don't want then you can do that as a prize (or if family member's have books that are not wanted anymore that works to)
There are only two that I would really recommend, because of my personal liking to them:
1. Rafflecopter: It is super easy to use and can be done really quickly. The only problem is, is that you need a membership for a few things. Which is not a problem but if you want to use a photo to tell people what you are giving away that becomes hard. But go with the free version guys!!!
2. Giveaway Tools: This one is really great and the free version gives you everything that you need. I love how simple it is, and I really prefer using this one, once I found out that it existed. It also offers more social media choice which is really great!
There are so many ways to promote the giveaway:
- GoodReads (Has groups that you can join)
- Other blogs
Well I hoped this helped you out a little more guys!!
xx Kat xx