Wednesday, September 24, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder


Taste of Darkness (Healer, #3)

Name: Taste of Darkness
Author: Maria V. Snyder
Number of Pages: 400
Publisher: Harlequin MIRA
Date Published: December 31st, 2013
Source: Review (Bought)
Rate: 5/5

She's fought death and won. But how can she fight her fears?

Avry knows hardship and trouble. She fought the plague and survived. She took on King Tohon and defeated him. But now her heart-mate, Kerrick, is missing, and Avry fears he's gone forever.

But there's a more immediate threat: The Skeleton King plots to claim the Fifteen Realms for his own. With armies in disarray and the dead not staying down, Avry's healing powers are needed now more than ever.

Torn between love and loyalty, Avry must choose her path carefully. For the future of her world depends on her decision.

[ Summary taken from GoodReads]

You know that moment when you found the most perfect series. The series that you dote over, drool over, get emotional over. Then you realize that you are the last book and just want to put the book aside. Refusing to read it because you know then, that it will be done. Well that is what I did. I loved this spell binding series, and to know that it will come to an end...well that just sucks.

Maria V. Snyder has a way when it comes with words. She has the word's wrap around you like a soft blanket and pull you into her world of magic. I loved it!! I did not think the Healer series could get any better, until I read Taste of Darkness...yes I say that about a lot of series that I have read!! But it is so true. My mom always says that I say that about every book I read, I just love to read!!

Taste of Darkness ends with a bang...the romance, the adventure, the war all wrapping together to make this finally a good one. 

Avry has become such an amazing heroine, I loved watching her grow as a character and I enjoyed her antic's. Her affection and love is so strong. Like I said in my first post of this series, even though Avry is very selfless, which always puts readers off, it defines her. In a very good way as well. She want's to help others, she wants to save lives and she is willing to do whatever it takes to protect those she loves. Avry has over come so much, I mean think about it she as had a crappy life. A healer that was hunted and a rebel that is wanted, along with an evil man by the name of Tohon who's views are really freaky. 

Taste of Darkness is mostly centered around Kerrick, who has to come to terms with his abilities and strenghths. While being injured in a battle Kerrick stumbles off into the forest, presumed to be lost. The love Avry and Kerrick share is very strong. They have leaped over boulders and mountains to be with each other, and will continue to fight for one another. Yet when they have their peace it is beautiful to read. 

I am happy with they way Snyder wrote the book. There was no hesitation in her part, she knew exactly what she wanted and went for it. I am glad that she let Kerrick and Avry explore their inner strength's and weaknesses, allowing them to become stronger character's. This book was not disappointing in the least. I would suggest you read it, like the whole series. The ending is amazing by the way!

Read the book!!

xx Kat xx
P.S. Read on as well!!!

2 comments:

  1. I get like that while reading series too. I never want to read the last book, and if I do I get really sad and reread the series over and over.

    I've never read this series or author before. I might have to check it out!

    -Kayl @ Kayl's Krazy Obsession

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good series, Kerrick is amazing!! I think you would enjoy it if you like romance, magic, and pure awesomeness haha.

      Delete