Thursday, March 26, 2015

BOOK REVIEW: Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
Name: Beautiful Disaster
Author: Jamie McGuire
Number of Pages: 319
Date Published: May 26th, 2011
Publisher: Jamie McGuire
Source: Bought
Rate: 5/5

The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

 [GOODREADS][AMAZON][B&N][BOOK DEPOSITORY]

It has been awhile since I have actually given a 5 out of 5 stars before and I am thinking the last one that I gave was to one of the Lux Series books (as they are the best series in the whole wide world). As many of you have noticed I have been MIA for quite some time and that was because I was in a huge reading slump! I mean huge so when I picked this book up at a Good Will's store well I decided to give it a shot!

Best decision of my life! I finished this 400 page book in about 3 hours! 3 HOURS! I have never devoured a book that fast! Jamie McGUIRE'S writing kept me going until the very last chapter. Beautiful Disaster is your sexy pick me up book on a gloomy day when there is nothing else to do but sit and curl up under a blanket!

Abby who just wants to run away from her past is happy to change who she is entirely. Entering into college and a new town is doing just the trick. That is until she has a run in with the college player - Travis Maddox - who no matter how hard she tries just cannot get her mind off him. So when she makes a bet with this sexy tattooed fighter, it might just dig up the past she wanted to bury deep into the ground.

I am not one to usually look at a plot and dissect it but I feel like this is needed to be done. All books have plot twists and curve balls being thrown at you. And while this book was predictable at some parts, there were pieces that even I missed until the very end. I found it intriguing how McGUIRE had created such a deep and dark plot line behind each character. I also found it very interesting to find that many of the plots combined and twisted together without much acknowledgement. 

Abby was UGH!! I know my english, but seriously that girl is one frustrating character - but I absolutely lover her. Abby is your classic bad girl to good girl who just wants to leave behind the crappy past she had to put up with. I think the one reason why I really loved Abby was she never gave into Travis's charms, no matter how hard he tried. She may found him attractive but she was determined to not become his next notch in the bed post.

Travis Maddox - sexy as hell, tattooed, fighter, and by day perfect college student...well sort of. How could one not drool over such a yummy character. Although I rooted for Abby and her cunning skills to stay away from the player, I could not help but fall in love with Travis myself. He is the prime example of a bad boy with a sweet side and I just found him irresistible. He reminded me a lot of Daemon Black from the Lux Series.

I highly and I mean HIGHLY recommend this book. If you want a quick pick me up and a book that keeps your frustrations running high - I definitely suggest Beautiful Disaster! So get going to those book stores guys and pick up a copy! 





5 comments:

  1. Hmm i have read many reviews about this book and by what people say.. Domestic violence and a creepy stalker with angry issues doesnt sound like my thing. But i heard that many other people loved this book. But glad it got you out of that slump.

    -John @ Burnishbooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely did get me out of a reading slump! I was in it for ages XD. As for what the book contains yes it contains a lot of anger issues but the two main characters come from a beat up past, but there is no domestic violence I promise you that! And as for the creepy stalker, there really is not one :)

      Delete
  2. Lol! There are so many issues in this book and things I should not have liked, but I LOVED it so much!! I devoured it in record time, too! (: Glad you loved it!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think the issues make it the best part! It's definitely one of the few adult books that I actually love besides 50 Shades of Grey! XD

      Delete