Wednesday, November 5, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey


Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica, #1)

Name: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side (Jessica #1)
Author: Beth Fantaskey
Number of Pages: 351
Publisher: Harcourt
Date Published: February 1st, 2001
Source: Bought
Rate: 3.8/5

The undead can really screw up your senior year ...

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancĂ©. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.

[Summary taken from GoodReads] [Amazon]

 I am always in the mood for a good vampire book. I don't know why, but those fanged creatures always have me a going!! I love new types of vampire books...none that I wish compare to Twilight because Twilight was yah...shudder...moving on ( I will admit I liked Twilight at one point in time). Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side had a twist, good job Fantaskey for creating a very original undead romance!

Jessica or Jess is not your average teenager, no matter how much she wishes that were true. Out of the blue on her senior year this handsome boy, who shows up out of no where, claims to be her fiance...alright I would go with it! I mean some hot dude comes up to me with beautiful eyes and says "I am your fiance," well count me in! Yet, not only is she betrothed she is the rightful heir to the Romanian vampire throne, and the interesting thing is, her parents are also in on this whole "vampire story.

Jessica is refusing to fall for this ridiculous story, so she just kicks Lucius out the door and laughs. At first Jess really never accepts her role as a princess and a soon to be wife. Thinking that the problem will go away if she ignored it. Which is completely understandable, most girls are trying to figure out where to go to college and who to go to prom with their senior year. Yet, as the novel progresses Jess slowly becomes comfortable with her role. Although, not without a few bumps int he road.

I loved Lucius, he was such a loveable character: sexy, adorable, handsome, and sexy. Did I mention he was sexy!! He never failed to impress me. The really cute thing about him was his love letter's to Jess. He definitely was a stand out character.

Lucius and Jesse's relationship was not easy. Yet as they grow together, it was as if their souls became one. (I know deep). 

Of course, then their is the evil witch that tries to destroy their relationship, why is it always the cheerleaders that have to do horrible things!! 

My one problem with this book was the very slow speed, I am usually for a fast pace book. Not too fast pace, some parts just seemed to lag behind the rest.

I loved the plot line to Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, the author truly knew what she wanted. The background story was simply beautiful, so full of history. And that ending, it leaves you with a very satisfied ending.

Read on my Supernatural lovers!!

xx Kat xx



 

No comments:

Post a Comment