Wednesday, July 9, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: The Host by Stephanie Meyer


1656001
Name: The Host
Author: Stephanie Meyer
Number of Pages: 620
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Date Published: May 6th, 2008
Source: For Review (Bought)
Rating: 5/5

Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

Featuring one of the most unusual love triangles in literature, THE HOST is a riveting and unforgettable novel about the persistence of love and the essence of what it means to be human.
[summary from GoodReads ]

My Review

After reading the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer I was very hesitant about picking up her new book The Host. Now do not get my wrong I do like the Twilight Series but I just did not feel that it showed her true potential of writing. That was until this book came along.

Stephanie Meyer's book, The Host, takes a new twist on life like never before. She puts in twists and turns that no one could possibly see what was coming next. This book truly kept me on my toes, always wondering what could possibly happen. She wove this story into a beautiful masterpiece.

Although the storyline is quite good the characters are what kept me intrigued. Each character had their own flaws, uniqueness, and qualities. None were ever the same and they never seemed unrealistic. She makes you feel like you are really inside the thoughts of Melanie, making you connect with this character on a deeper level. When it came to Wanderer I just wanted to protect her from the world. It was like an emotional roller coaster ride with more twists and turns, and ups and downs than I could have possibly imagined. 

The anger and hurt that many experience in this book was very prominent, but the love that this book held was beyond what I imagined. It was beautiful through and through.

And when the ending came it shocked me, left me bewildered, and speechless. Yet the ending fit the book just right. That doesn't mean I wasn't a crying mess, because trust me I was. It was heart-wrenching at first but then all of a sudden beautiful and I said to myself: "This is perfect."

For me, The Host, was an emotionally ongoing read. Stephanie Meyers writing took a large step in the right direction after the Twilight Series. Even though there was one quirk -- the slow beginning -- put it on your "To Read" list. This book is a don't miss if you love the dystopia worlds. If you really want to connect and relate to characters this book is just for you. With the emotional ending you will get one whirlwind of a book. 


Read On!!!

Hey guys!! I would love it if you could get the word out there, tweet it, like it, share it!!

xx Kat xx










No comments:

Post a Comment