Saturday, August 23, 2014

BOOK REVIEW -- Opposition by Jennifer Armentrout


Opposition (Lux, #5)

Name: Opposion (Lux #5)
Author: Jennifer Armentrout
Number of Pages: 354 (534 For the Special Edition)
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Date Published: August 5th, 2014
Source: Review (Bought)
Rate: 5/5


Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing.

[Summary taken from GoodReads ]



 Opposition did not disappoint, it was an amazing conclusion to my favorite series. I must say that before the Lux series I was in a tough spot. I hadn't read any great series and after reading the Divergent series I went into a dry reading spell. It was not until I was in the little book store that our towns mall held when I came across this series. At first I was afraid to pick it up, I did not want another disappointing end. Or really a sad ending anyway, but I bought all four books in one go any way. Was I crazy to do so? Probably, but I am so happy I did. Thank you Jennifer Armentrout for making an unbelievable series. 

It is always bittersweet to see the ending to a series. I guess it is because you and the book have been through so much together that it is hard to let it go. Opposition did not fail in any sense of the word. From the very beginning there was feeling and a whole lot of kick butt action. It is was any book finale should have. It was a heart wrenching, roller coaster riding of a book. The action was on a roll since the ending of Origin where our beloved characters made a decision. Like I don't know lighting up the Las Vegas strip. Or the mind-blowing ending that had my heart racing. 

In Opposition you get to see a lot of blurred lines. Enemies start to become your allies and those who you thought were friends become your worst enemies. I guess that's what happens when thousands of aliens start to crash land onto Mother Earth. ET did phone home guys, just not in a good way. I was floored by the detail written. The romance was my main priority like always though, obviously.
  
“Kitten?"
"Yeah?"
His eyes were beautiful when they met mine, luminous and clear, and a long moment stretched out between us. "I love you.”


Daemon and Katy are stronger than I have ever seen them before. They are like a two peas in a pod, yes cliche, but that pod is like titanium - unbreakable. There love never wavered. Was there struggles? Absolutely, how could there not be. Those moments of passion, though, were heart felt. He loves her in a way that no one else could, and the same goes for her. (Goodness I am mushy) Daemon is loyal to a fault. He would do anything, say anything to keep his Kat safe along with the rest of his family. That is one trait in a man that I have always loved seeing.

Also if you ever felt like Katy was weak, well let me tell you something. Out of all the Lux series I have never seen Katy more kick-ass than in this one. You are in for a surprise. Expect amazing action coming from her as she and her loved ones try to find the answers they need. 

 “Apparently, there was even a meme created already. The incredibly photogenic glowing-alien meme.”

Opposition was an amazing conclusion to the Lux series. It was heartfelt, bad-ass, and a whirl wind of a train ride. This may have only been the first series that I read by Jennifer Armentrout, but let me tell you, it will not be the last.  

Read On!!

xx Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment